I saw many of the typical ones like....
- My Kid is a Honor Student (or Band Member or Gifted or ....) at Some School Sticker
- Election Stickers mostly of the 2008 variety but some as far back as 1992
- Various Sports Team, College, and Radio Station Stickers
- Hard-core Opinion Stickers - either Religious, Feminist, Vegan, NRA, Pro-Troops, Anti-War, Road Rage, or something similar
- Life Philosophy, Affirmations, Exclamations....half of them trying to be funny
- Some just not explainable to me...
Here were a few stickers that stuck in my head for a few hours after the ride:
- Unwrap a Smile and Eat a Little Debbie Today
- Stop reading this bumper sticker and watch the road
- I am already against the next war
- Real men don't ask directions
- My other car is a Porsche...
- Make Levees not War
In full disclosure for this post, I should say that I do have stickers on my own car and am not anti-sticker. On my back window, I have both a Lawrenceville and Northwestern Alumni sticker, and Jeff has a 140.6 sticker.
Next time you're out riding start reading those bumper stickers; you may not learn anything but at least the time while start going by faster.