1. The Snuggie is a hugh success and top seller in the US. According to an article USA Today on the 27th of January, over 4 million Snuggies have been sold and the product has even developed a bizarre cult following....seriously? I saw an infommerical for this a few months ago and couldn't stop laughing....you can watch it here:
2. A Japanese fire station burns down. A blaze broke out after a firefighter left a cooking stove burning as crew members left the station to respond to emergency calls. They plan to order-in dinner from now on....
3. A man tried to reclaim breast implants from his ex. Prosecutors say a spurned lover ambushed his ex-girlfriend and tried to cut out the breast implants he paid for by stabbing her. Apparently, he wanted to reclaim what was rightfully his.
4. Two New Zealand prisoners who were handcuffed together as they fled a courthouse foiled their own getaway when they ran to opposite sides of a light pole, slammed into each other and fell to the ground. Jailers nabbed them as they struggled to their feet.
5. Robber has a really bad day. He was on foot as his getaway car was wrecked, and his rookie attempt at robbing a bank was thwarted by a set of locked doors. Looking for a place to hide, police say, he found himself inside the home of a frightened old woman. He didn't want to hurt the woman but ended up scaring her to death.